The aim of this exercise is to create an IP:Port proxy emulator in Php that can be deployed to a web server such as Apache. Once deployed it will run almost exactly like an IP:Port proxy -also referred to as Elite or Open proxies- requring you to change your browser settings. Because it's written as a Php script, it will run inside apace. There is no database requirement.
As this is a fairly substantial project, it is hosted on google at Project Mugatiya. There is also more information at the the 'Project Mugatiya blog Project Mugatiya on TidyTutorials.
- Almost exactly like a proxy such as squid or mod_proxy.
- Works with flash, streaming, torrents, pretty much everything.
- Modify content to display adds
- Has inbuilt Turing Test (reCaptcha) to keep away bots
- Has a content filter
- Remote Ip, requested url and requested hostname based black and white lists
- Written in simple, easy to understand Php.
- Project Mugatiya. - Project hosted on google's code hosting
- Download Source Now - Download source code and zip file
- projectmugatiya. For installation, configuration and other relevant information
You should note that the proxy does rewrite HTTPS requests as plain HTTP requests and this sometimes doesn't work with complex sites. Please feel free to contribute to the project.
Also, remember that as this is an IP:Port proxy, if left unchecked could land you with exorbitant overages on bandwidth. This demolishes web proxies hands down.